BETA 2: logging

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

jessica41

BETA 2: logging

Post by jessica41 »

Hey...
to anyone who can help. middle man is not logging my buddy events (sign on, off, idle)

I'm running aim 5.5.3599

thanks in advance.
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

The problem you are experiencing is caused by middle_man not being connected to the AOL Server properly.

In order to see if middle_man is properly connected:
1) Open an Instant Message window.
2) Type /help, and then press the Send button.

If a list of commands comes up immediately, then middle_man is connected properly. However, if the commands do not come up, then middle_man needs to be reset. You can do this by restarting AIM.

To restart AIM:
1) Right click on the yellow AIM icon at the bottom right of your desktop.
2) Click the "Exit" menu item.
3) Click on the AIM shortcut to reopen AIM.
4) Restart your computer if middle_man is still not in the middle.

Sometimes strict firewalls interfere with it and on rare occasions, nothing can be done.
jessica41

Post by jessica41 »

thank you. the commands do come up but it still does not show buddy events, and i still can not make myself go idle.
rawr

Post by rawr »

[quote=jessica41]thank you. the commands do come up but it still does not show buddy events, and i still can not make myself go idle.[/quote]

As far as I know, m_m doesn't log the buddy events. If you're talking about the notices that come up in a IM window then there's a setting to toggle that in the IM/Chat section of the AIM Preferences. Make sure the box saying "Show notifications for users on my Buddy List" is checked.

For your idle problem, make sure that you've enabled idling in your Privacy section of your AIM Preferences. The box that says "...how long I've been idle" should be checked.