BETA 2: My middle man works WITH aim 5.9.3797??!!

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

astroblade

BETA 2: My middle man works WITH aim 5.9.3797??!!

Post by astroblade »

yeah so this may be an interesting circumstance, unless i'm just mixed up. anyway, i've got MM version 2.0012 and i use aim version 5.9.3797, and they work toghether just fine! any thoughts? i was under the impression my "newer" version of aim wouldn't work with mm? also, i recently installed mm on my girlfriend's computer because she loved some of the features (she's uses the same version of aim as well), but i'm having some problem with it. she'll constantly be kicked off aim, have a "lost connection" when attempting to sign on and have to actually click "sign on" at least a few times, have middle man quit but aim keep runnning so all her aliases dissappear, etc. any idea what that could be about?
rawr

Post by rawr »

5.9 isn't supported so you'll have to downgrade.
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

Yes, your middle_man will work with 5.9, but not completely. However, when AIM released 5.9, it included features that middle_man did not handle. You may choose to use 5.9, but if you happen to have any issues, it will not be supported.

Since it kind of works with 5.9, we don't support it due to various issues (no shortcut keys, ad removal issues, no logging or commands on linked screennames.
astroblade

Post by astroblade »

thanks for the responses. i was wondering, do you both suggest the latest version of MM? also, it's been forever since i even looked at a pre 5.9XXX version, were there any big differences? i'll likely be installing some previous versions later on, just to see what they look like, but i was still wondering. and lastly, do either of you know for sure if the seemingly connection problems my girlfriend is having are MM related? could it be, based off what i've provided, some other type of error?
kryptonite

Post by kryptonite »

MM 5.5 is recommended. I know somewhere along the line, they moved the get info button from the bottom to a smaller icon a bit higher up.

I have it with AIM 5.5.3595 and it works fine. The old MM website had links to download a lot of old AIM versions.

And yes, it is possible to have MM work with 5.9, but as the link below suggets, talk of 5.9 is discouraged. Don't ask me why, i'd rather have it changed to "If you talk about that, you won't get help from the moderators and developers, but other people might be able to help."
http://www.mymiddleman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62
kryptonite

Post by kryptonite »

http://www.mymiddleman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=160

I just saw that. I don't know if it'll help your situation, but it might.