Ads have reappeared in AIM and won't remove

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

ruslruslrusl

Ads have reappeared in AIM and won't remove

Post by ruslruslrusl »

I saw a post similar to this one, but no answers were provided.

Out of nowhere, my Middleman has malfunctioned.
Ads have reappeared in my buddy list and refuse to be removed.
I have reinstalled both AIM and MM (from the MM downloads page) numerous times.
I also deleted all related files and folders in Program Files as well as registry values.
Additionally, the Middle Man menu under the "My AIM" menu has also disappeared, but I can still bring it up with F4.

Any suggestions?
Styckz

Post by Styckz »

On the sign in screen have you tried opening up your connection settings and reseting the Proxy settings.. To try to get Middle_Man Back in the middle?
Jason

Post by Jason »

Have you installed any other AIM add-ons?
ruslruslrusl

Post by ruslruslrusl »

Styckz: I tried this...
On the sign in screen, I clicked "Setup", then under "Sign On/Off" clicked "Connection" button, then clicked "Reset" button, then "Ok".

After I clicked "Reset", nothing changed. All the values in the window stayed the same. It didn't fix the problem.
Was that what I was supposed to do?

Just dnL: No. But I had installed a program called Mixcraft 3 (like Garage Band for Windows) recently. I'm wondering if I should try removing Mixcraft and reinstalling AIM and MM.
After it happened, I tried out AIM+ and DeadAIM, but didn't like either one. So both were uninstalled. I'm back to AIM 5.9.6089 and MM 3.0004 and no other add-ons.
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
[]DaT_MaNN03

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

double posting noob

Word of Warcraft - Server Aggramar - Character: Vansmirnoff 70 Paladin, Minimay 60 Rogue. - RETIRED I NO LONGER PLAY
ruslruslrusl

Post by ruslruslrusl »

"FTW"?

I'm hoping to resolve the issue with 3.0004. I like that version better than 2.0012.
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

Just uninstall M_M, uninstall AIM, then install AIM, and install M_M.
ruslruslrusl

Post by ruslruslrusl »

Wotcher: I said before, I already did that several times, to no avail. I completely uninstalled both programs, removed remnant files, and deleted reg keys. The ads are still there.

I've also realized that the bottom content is also trying to revive itself. Occasionally, I can half see the Games chooser and click on it even though it looks mostly white. It seems like AIM is overpowering MM in many ways.
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

Are you using XP or Vista?