Ads have reappeared in AIM and won't remove

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

ruslruslrusl

Post by ruslruslrusl »

XP Pro SP2
ruslruslrusl

Post by ruslruslrusl »

I tried uninstalling that other program (Mixcraft) that I thought may have had something to do with the malfunction. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled AIM and MM. But still the ads remain. If anyone out there can figure out any other troubleshooting steps I should take, please please please help me out. I'm out of ideas.
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

Did you click the option "Remove ads"?

Who knows, it could be that simple. I'm going to get a carne asada burrito.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
ruslruslrusl

Post by ruslruslrusl »

Haha, thanks, but no, it's not that. I've checked all the obvious things.
When I go to the MM settings and check "Remove Ads", then click Apply, the ads remove for about one second, then the aim window immediately refreshes and the ads return.
Styckz

Post by Styckz »

what AIM version are you using?
ruslruslrusl

Post by ruslruslrusl »

AIM 5.9.6089 and MM 3.0004
Last edited by ruslruslrusl on Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ruslruslrusl

Post by ruslruslrusl »

Anyone else have any suggestions for me?
Or know how to forward this problem to the MM developers to see if they can help?
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

use LAIM....

http://x.aim.com/laim/

EDIT: 900th post WTF!!?!?
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
ruslruslrusl

Post by ruslruslrusl »

Thanks, but again, I'm trying to resolve the MM issues, not start using a substitute application.
Styckz

Post by Styckz »

See the problem is this it should work nothing has changed with that version of AIM and that version of middle man. If you want a solution that will work it is going to be reformat.. Which isn't really a good solution but honestly something has happened with some setting and from the sounds of it middleman is no longer in the middle. This can happen with other add ons are installed.. or anything like that. We have given you the easy things to try to fix the problem but other then that the only thing I can say is that it should work. What exactly broke it I don't know how to fix it umm fix the unknown thing that broke it.

As far as getting the developers to go nuts on something like this. It probably isn't going to happen. I don't know how active they are anymore. I don't think they really have time for this project much anymore. I know they aren't posting on the forums everyday like everyone else.