BETA 2: New to AIM

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

john5500

BETA 2: New to AIM

Post by john5500 »

Hi. I'm still using ver 5.5.3598. Is it worth upgrading to 5.9? Also, what is middle man. Thanks much.

John
deeesseee

Post by deeesseee »

Personally, I like 5.5 much more so I'd say stick with that, but other people prefer other versions.

Middle_man is a free plugin for AOL Instant Messenger (AIM). By using proxy technology to tunnel the AIM connection through itself, middle_man is able to remove some of the restrictions created by AOL. These restrictions range from features that AOL has not yet incorporated into its Instant Messenger, to features that have been simply underdeveloped. Middle_man provides the ultimate instant messaging experience for both the average users and the power users by allowing them to customize their instant messenger as they see fit.

With middle_man, Instant Messenger users will be able to:

* log their instant messages
* change the screen names of their buddies
* sign on multiple screen names at once
* remove advertisements on their buddy list
* completely control their idle and away status
* securely control AIM via instant message commands
* and much more
[quote="Thermite Man"]YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A SIG hahhahahaha!!! noob...[/quote]
john5500

Post by john5500 »

Wow, thanks for the very well detailed answer. Appreciate it!
Jon8RFC

Post by Jon8RFC »

Since the AIM developers don't like changelogs, I can't say what all has changed. I do know, however, that a lot of security issues and exploits have been fixed. If you have the problem of someone constantly sending you an IM and AIM crashes, then I say upgrade. If not, then you're fine. The only other thing I can think of is better video support, but even with the latest version, I hear of people crashing, so I can't recommend upgrading for that reason.
AIM 5.9.6089 || m_m 0.3.0004 || Smilez 3.0 b.15
razor sharp, razor clean
john5500

Post by john5500 »

I have no problems with 5.5.3598 so I will keep it. Thank's all.