modified aimres.dll with beta 3

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

Jon8RFC

modified aimres.dll with beta 3

Post by Jon8RFC »

Please keep in mind that modified AIM files are not supported by middle_man, and are likely to cause functionality problems with middle_man, possibly even crashing AIM entirely. If you have problems with AIM and/or middle_man, grab a default file from my site ( http://jon8rfc.homeip.net/aim/default_3 ) and try it out before posting a bug report.

With that said, there are little things here and there that I like to change about AIM and my modified aimres.dll for 5.9.6089 doesn't seem to be in conflict with middle_man. If you're interested, you can grab it from here:
http://jon8rfc.homeip.net/aim/default_3 ... m_6089.zip

If you use the icbmui.ocm, your logs will be missing the screen names since they're non-standard colors, so don't use it!

If you have any problems, let me know and I'll do my best to fix it so that it works with middle_man.
AIM 5.9.6089 || m_m 0.3.0004 || Smilez 3.0 b.15
razor sharp, razor clean
scotttref

Post by scotttref »

jon, i see you still have smilez listed. does it work with beta 3?
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

I have it working with beta 3. This is unsupported and not recommended. And whenever I fund a bug I always unload smilez, and try to replicate it before posting on the forums
scotttref

Post by scotttref »

thanks port, i understand its unsupported, but i was just wondering if it worked, and you told me, so thanks man
Jon8RFC

Post by Jon8RFC »

Smilez is working for me as well.
razor sharp, razor clean
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

Maybe I'm making things up, but wasn't beta 3 specifically supposed to work with Smilez?
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
Jon8RFC

Post by Jon8RFC »

What I remember is that the three of them exchanged ideas and some code, but middle_man was going to do its own way of tabbing windows with b3. It may include some code from Smilez, but not necessarily work alongside.
razor sharp, razor clean
Harry

Post by Harry »

When beta 3 was originally being conceived, the plan was to make a plugin system and have smilez and tabz be a plugin. Although we may go back to that in the future, the current beta 3 does not contain that architecture.

If it's the case that we never go back into that, Smilez and Tabz will either be incorporated or rewritten into middle_man.

These decisions have not been finalized yet.