Importing logs from other AIM plugins.

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

J3utton

Post by J3utton »

.... there really isn't a 'deadaim' 'm_m' or 'm:m' type of log, they are all .html files and they all have the same basic structure, the only thing different about them is the folder heirarchy in which they're saved, or the filename set-up.

Download a program like Flash Renamer, its a program for mass editing of file names and paths, it will help you convert logs from one add-on 'type' to another.
Windows XP :: Aim 5.2.3292 :: M_M 0.2.0012
Jason

Post by Jason »

...Nah. Each program uses its own logging format... DeadAIM converts the raw AOL RTF (similar to HTML) to something readable by a browser, preserving background colors but not smiley sets. aiMutation and Messenger:Mate log the AOL RTF format directly, preserving all details of the conversation. Not sure exactly how middle_man logs are written, but they also use the AOL RTF format.

Each program also names files differently.
duckbow

Post by duckbow »

What about logs from previous versions of MM - how can one import them into the log viewer for v0.3?

I've been using MM for a few years now, but stuck with AIM v5.5. I just bothered to update. Wow, I missed a lot.
Styckz

Post by Styckz »

Duckbow: this has been talked about here: http://www.mymiddleman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=253

As for Jason's Post.. can M_M Read the other logs even though they are dumped differently? I mean they would look different but the log viewer can still show them as HTML files.. I mean renaming them and putting them in the correct directories is enough to make them work.. then I don't feel the formating is a things that anyone is going to be motivated enough to code something to reformat them all to some standard.
Jason

Post by Jason »

It -should- be able to correctly display middle_man beta 2, aiMutation, Messenger:Mate, and I think Palfun logs. DeadAIM logs will still be displayed, but some formatting and all embedded graphics and files will not show.
Nibesto

Post by Nibesto »

How difficult would it be to import the official AIM logs from AIM 6.0? I just recently uninstalled it after finding MM, and I'd like to know if there's a way to integrate my old logs into the MM log viewer.
J3utton

Post by J3utton »

[quote="just dnL"]...Nah. Each program uses its own logging format... DeadAIM converts the raw AOL RTF (similar to HTML) to something readable by a browser, preserving background colors but not smiley sets. aiMutation and Messenger:Mate log the AOL RTF format directly, preserving all details of the conversation. Not sure exactly how middle_man logs are written, but they also use the AOL RTF format.

Each program also names files differently.[/quote]

give me a break. Ok, they aren't written in exactly the same format, buy the log viewer is still going to display them just fine. The only thing thats preventing the log viewer from showing them is the filename and filepath setup.

Nibesto: I don't know anything about aim 6.0 logs, if its an html file, im sure m_m will be able to read it if you get the filename and paths set up right. if not, then i dunno.
Windows XP :: Aim 5.2.3292 :: M_M 0.2.0012