Link to 5.9 goes to 6.0 ... and future plans?

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

greenwizard88

Post by greenwizard88 »

a question I have about AIM 6.0, is, is it any good yet?
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)
Centrino 1.7 Ghz | XP Pro SP2 | LAIM 0.3 | AIM 5.9 w/ m_m b3
kryptonite

Post by kryptonite »

[quote=greenwizard88]a question I have about AIM 6.0, is, is it any good yet?[/quote]

The decision made was that basically 6.0 stinks way too much and is full of ads and other 3rd party crap to be worked on by middle_man.
greenwizard88

Post by greenwizard88 »

No, I know that. I was just wondering if it's a still just as bad as triton, where it had 3 of 4 services just to run the freakin thing.
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)
Centrino 1.7 Ghz | XP Pro SP2 | LAIM 0.3 | AIM 5.9 w/ m_m b3
kryptonite

Post by kryptonite »

[quote=greenwizard88]No, I know that. I was just wondering if it's a still just as bad as triton, where it had 3 of 4 services just to run the freakin thing.[/quote]

I thought triton WAS 6.0 :?
deeesseee

Post by deeesseee »

[quote=Portfolioso]Yeah it checks the version of AIM before it loads. I always "ignore the rules" when testing things and wanted to see how it worked on other versions of AIM, but it didn;t

This is caused by the major changes AIM did with 5.9 as opposed to the others.[/quote]

Couldn't you still manually install it by copying the dll file over to the right directory, then just adding it to the "file that has the list of other files to run on startup that I can't remember the name of"?
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

No, the installer doesn't check the AIM version. The OCM does, and when it detects that its being loaded into a non 5.9, it won't load.