BETA 2: MM 0.2.0012a Problem

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

tacojoethethird

BETA 2: MM 0.2.0012a Problem

Post by tacojoethethird »

I had AIM 5.5.3599 and MM 0.2.0012a when I found out MM had released version 3. Naturally I installed AIM 5.9 and MM but realized that many features were gone. I decided to go back to MM 0.2.0012a. I uninstalled everything and installed AIM 5.5.3599 again and it worked fine. I installed MM 0.2.0012a and tried to run AIM, I got an error:

"AOL Instant Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvernience."

Error signature... AppName: aim.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00010e03

What's worse is, when I uninstall MM and try to run AIM, it cannot connect to the server so I have to go and uninstall and reinstall that.

If anyone can be of help I greatly appreciate it.

(Windows XP SP2. Also tried using AIM 5.5.3598 and 5.5.3595)

Thank you,
Jace
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

Try deleting everything in Documents and settings. Maybe there's some old data left from AIM 5.9. Or maybe it just uninstalled incorrectly.

Also, try using 5.2. It works better with MM Beta 2.

Also, try IE and reformat.
tacojoethethird

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

IE as in internet explore? And reformat what?
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

Uninstall Middle_man
Uninstall AIM
Delete the AIM folder in %application data% (go to start-->run and type "application data" without quotes)
-Download this (right click and save as) http://files.portfolioso.com/AIM/removeaimsettings.bat it is a script that will remove AIM settings from the registry...

Reinstall AIM, reinstall middle_man and see if that helps.
tacojoethethird

Thanks to the both of you... I managed to get it working using your suggestions. :D

Thanks again,
Jace
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

Whoa wow, I just realized that I told you to delete everything in Documents and Settings. I hope you interpreted that as "everything in the AIM folder in Documents and Settings"

ps try ie and reformat was a joke.