BETA 2: installing

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

smellythongs

BETA 2: installing

Post by smellythongs »

i'm trying to d/l middle man and when it gets to the installing part of the process the bar where it shows how far it has gone, freezes almost half way and i don't know if it is the program..my internet..or what but i was hoping someone could help me out..thanks
Harry

Post by Harry »

smellythongs, please make sure you post yours topics in the correct forum or it might be stepped over.

In regards to your issue, make sure you're the administrator on your computer, and that AIM is completely closed (no yellow running man in the bottom right hand corner). Also make sure you're using a supported version of AIM (5.5.XXXX).

Try those things, and if the problem persists, perhaps we can investigate further?
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

I doubt it's his version of AIM as the problem starts long before getting to AIM its self (and if it was the version it would I belive would error out instead of just freeze).
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
smellythongs

Post by smellythongs »

alright i downloaded one of the aim versions of 5.5XXX and it wouldn't let me sign onto aim it kept saying AIM didn't have service so i went to the aim website to see what the problem was and they said to make sure u have the latest version so i downloaded aim 5.9 and i could sign on perfectly...i don't know if it's the aim itself that's causing the problem or middle man...anyone know what the problem is?
Henry_Rayker

Post by Henry_Rayker »

AOL ALWAYS tells you that you MUST upgrade or God will rape a bunch of four year olds, as well as their kittens...but it never happens.

Completely uninstall AIM and m_m, if there is a listing in the Add/Remove Programs dialogue or anything like that, then reinstall the 5.5XXX version of AIM (a suggested one, from the m_m site). Try signing on before you try to install m_m. If that works, reinstall m_m...tell me how that works.
smellythongs

Post by smellythongs »

ok i uninsalled middleman and now for some reason it won't let me uninstall aim cuz they can't find something? right when i click next it says "the procedure entry point IdleShutDown could not be located in the dynamic link library idlmon.dell" then when i click ok this shows up "could not load the DLL library C:\program files\AIM\aimapi.dll. the specified procedure could not be found" soo now i don't know what to do should i just go ahead and install aim 5.5xxx cuz right now i have 5.2xxx from trying to use dead aim
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

What version of Windows do you have? Make sure you attempt to uninstall any version of AIM you have and any plugin.

If AIM still won't uninstall then you might as well try to reinstall the same version of AIM into the same directory. Sometimes if the installer stuff gets corrupted, you need to reinistall to validate it again.
smellythongs

Post by smellythongs »

ok i just reinstalled aim 5.5.3572 and it won't let me go online it says aim can't be reached again and it's been doing that for all the aim 5.5xxx that i d/l so i don't know what to do now
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Have you tried to go into the connection settings and reset the settings?
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
backglancer

Post by backglancer »

Had identical problem as ST. on WinXP Pro
downloaded AIM 5.9 from mm website, and latest mm compile

solution:
uninstall everything as much as you can
hard-delete %PROGRAMFILES%\AIM
uninstall AIM again (Add Rem will complain, just tell it to get rid of the entry)

install AIM, -exit- out of it (Ctrl+F4 on buddy list)
install MM
SN: BackGlancer