Is smilez compatable with beta 3?

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

[quote=Freeezer]
Sorry if its not compatible anymore, I couldn't plan for everything.
[/quote]

Heh don't be sorry. You didn't know their beta3 code would break it. But yes, Smilez is really still widely used among those who have AIM 5.9

I haven't gotten the smiley sets working in 5.9 because AIM changed their cache paths, and added a random string to protect against viruses that replace your profile.
Freeezer

Post by Freeezer »

Heh, doh. More security! That was kind of annoying - the ever changing APIs on AIMs side really were my biggest headache. I got GAIM a while back and really haven't touched the AIM client itself since then. I gave Harry permission to use any of the code from Smilez in anything they may do for middle_man, and of course they'll be able to contact me if they need to ask any questions on it. I'm sure those guys will give you all something awesome!

Nowadays the only recreational programming I've been doing is actually some mutator programming for Unreal Tournament 2004 :)
aazxdc

Post by aazxdc »

oh man Freeezer, you don't know how much I love the tabs smilez gives.