Is smilez compatable with beta 3?

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

aazxdc

Is smilez compatable with beta 3?

Post by aazxdc »

I've been using smilez in conjunction with m_m beta 2 for quite some time now, and now that beta 3 is out I'm still wary about switching over (mainly for aesthetic purposes) but something that has been bothering me was if smilez was compatable with beta 3 because a big anchor for me to beta 2 is the fact that I can get tabs through smilez on beta 2 with AIM 5.5. Oh and if anybody has a link to smilez beta 15 I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd post it because the site is dead as a dodo and the link Jon posted is dead.
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

Sadly, beta 3 breaks smilez. Logging does not work and your IMs will lag (ex you send an IM and it shows up like 8 seconds later in thw window)

Don't you worry, all the smilez features will be integrated in - it's just a matter of time.

Here's smilez though if you want (not for use with b3): http://users.mnemonic.net/freeezer/SetupSmilez.exe
Jon8RFC

Post by Jon8RFC »

If you use it for the smile sets rather than tabs, then you should be ok. If you have tabs enabled, it can have issues.
AIM 5.9.6089 || m_m 0.3.0004 || Smilez 3.0 b.15
razor sharp, razor clean
aazxdc

Post by aazxdc »

[quote=Portfolioso]Sadly, beta 3 breaks smilez. Logging does not work and your IMs will lag (ex you send an IM and it shows up like 8 seconds later in thw window)

Don't you worry, all the smilez features will be integrated in - it's just a matter of time.

Here's smilez though if you want (not for use with b3): http://users.mnemonic.net/freeezer/SetupSmilez.exe[/quote]

I asked for beta 15 and you linked me to beta 14 which I already got =/
I want beta 15 because it has a close tab button on all the tabs.
Jon8RFC

Post by Jon8RFC »

AIM 5.9.6089 || m_m 0.3.0004 || Smilez 3.0 b.15
razor sharp, razor clean
aazxdc

Post by aazxdc »

You're super awesome thanks Jon
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

I am sorry I linked you to 14. I just linked you to the official site and figured it had the latest version. If it didn't I'm sorry, It's just official and had the source.

Please....
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

ONCE AGAIN PORTFOLIOSO FAILS TO SATISFY THIS COMMUNITY.
Freeezer

Post by Freeezer »

Wow I'm surprised people still USE smilez. I haven't worked on that in like 2 years :)

Sorry if its not compatible anymore, I couldn't plan for everything.

Harry and John have all the code for it now, so they should be able to reimplement all the features should they decide to! :)

Oh BTW, Hello everyone I haven't talked to in eons!
scotttref

Post by scotttref »

has it really been 2years freeezer? thats crazy
After many years of misery as a sports fan in Boston. we are still miserable.