quick question

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

ninja_num

quick question

Post by ninja_num »

is there any way to log onto a screen name at same time as someone else and see what they are typing? i know u can see what they are being told, but can you see both ways at all?
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

No, that would be a security issue.
ninja_num

Post by ninja_num »

cool cool thanks
hmphargh

Post by hmphargh »

Not that I disagree that it'd be a security issue, but it already warns you that someone else has logged in on your screen name, so you'd be expecting it if they did, I'd say it would be more of an impossibility because of the way the AIM servers work if I had to guess...
Styckz

Post by Styckz »

I don't think the aim servers take the letters as you type them only when you send the whole message. It just has a flag that it sends to the server when your typing.. So it is not only security issue but impossibility as well. And the AIM servers don't send back to you what you typed.. because it assumes that your computer will already have that information. Thus also keeping this from working.. Why would you want to do this? If you did want to do this why not get something were you can remote view their desktop and see everything they are doing? They have to be willing to let you do this.. or really stupid because AIM notifies them when they are logged in at more then one location.