Annoying clicking noise when recieving messages

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

nosyt

Annoying clicking noise when recieving messages

Post by nosyt »

Whenever i recieve any IMs, it always makes the clicking sound. The sound i'm referring to is located in C:\WINDOWS\Media and is called "Windows XP Start.wav". I have all the sounds off in AIM yet it still happens. what's the deal with this?

Could it be because of the logging in any way?

I hope this gets fixed, I had to delete the sound file because it was driving me up the wall.
Jason

Post by Jason »

It's a problem with AIM 5.9.6089 and can be fixed either by downgrading to 5.9.3861 or installing an add-on that will disable it (M:M, Vario, Tabz).
deeesseee

Post by deeesseee »

[quote="just dnL"]It's a problem with AIM 5.9.6089 and can be fixed either by downgrading to 5.9.3861 or installing an add-on that will disable it (M:M, Vario, Tabz).[/quote]
How come you link to Tabz but not Vario?
Jason

Post by Jason »

Because if you're already set on Middle_Man, it's easier to provide you with an add-on that will work alongside it rather than one to replace it. Tabz was designed with Middle_Man compatibility in mind - think of it like Smilez.