Clicking noise when receiving IM's

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

ILLZ

Clicking noise when receiving IM's

Post by ILLZ »

I've had this problem before but can't remember where to turn it off. IIRC, it wasn't a MM thing at all, but either an AIM thing or a windows thing. Anybody know what I'm talking about? TIA...
deeesseee

Post by deeesseee »

I'm pretty sure it has to do with IE for some reason. I think you have to turn off sounds in that.
[quote="Thermite Man"]YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A SIG hahhahahaha!!! noob...[/quote]
infinitesnowboy

Post by infinitesnowboy »

I think it had to do with a specific AIM 5.9 version. Try downgrading to another AIM 5.9?
I'm smart.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Nope. Neither of you are correct. If you turn off "AIM expression", it will stop.
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote=Matt]Nope. Neither of you are correct. If you turn off "AIM expression", it will stop.[/quote]

BUT.... do AIM Expressions use ie?

the clicking sound is most likely from refreshing the expressions. i hear people bitch about that clicking sound all the time because the modem's status page refreshes every couple seconds.
Matt

Post by Matt »

[quote=Quirk][quote=Matt]Nope. Neither of you are correct. If you turn off "AIM expression", it will stop.[/quote]

BUT.... do AIM Expressions use ie?[/quote]
I believe the little advertisement in the bottom left of the IM window uses IE...or something like that. From what I remember it's the advertisement that is the issue, not the expression itself.
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote=Matt][quote=Quirk][quote=Matt]Nope. Neither of you are correct. If you turn off "AIM expression", it will stop.[/quote]

BUT.... do AIM Expressions use ie?[/quote]
I believe the little advertisement in the bottom left of the IM window uses IE...or something like that. From what I remember it's the advertisement that is the issue, not the expression itself.[/quote]

ha... you're right.