Signature Length

Report any issues you find with the website here.

Moderator: Moderators

Portfolioso

Signature Length

Post by Portfolioso »

First things first, nice site redesign. Everything looks great. I have to get used to phpbb because it's not exactly my avorie, but it'll do.

TRhe signature is limited to 255 characters. My old one was saved and was in HTML (which isn't allowed) and when I converted it to bbcode, it was too long. Can this be adjusted?

here is an example of my signature (which is apparently too long)

Windows XP Pro SP2 | 1GB RAM | TerraIM |

Flawless Ad removal: AIM 5.5.3595 - 5.5.3599 | AIM 5.9.3690 - 5.9.3702 | AIM 5.9.3759 beta - AIM 5.9.3xxx (latest)
Harry

Post by Harry »

I'll check into it port. We might not want to increase it though - in order to keep people's sigs from getting out of hand. I'll check into it - it's on my list.
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

Yeah the main reason it seems like it's so small but really takes up a lot of space is because of all the links and the linked image. Maybe you could host them somewhere with smaller filenames. Tinyurl would definitely work, give it a try. Tinyurl.com

Though I'm not sure how long the URLs last.
infinitesnowboy

Post by infinitesnowboy »

My sig still fits. :)
I'm smart.
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

Yes, and even with the short sigs, I have seen someone with a huge picture there, but I forgot who....
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

mebbe me?
[quote=bigcfk]I can't remember the question exactly, but the answer was C.[/quote]

By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of J Dubb and subsidiaries.
Jordan K

Post by Jordan K »

Red, but yours is hosted elsewhere, correct?
Jordan
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

It doesn't matter where it's hosted. The 255 character limit includes bbcode. I can have a huge image with one line of bbcode. or I can have a small sig with a lot of links and things, which uses a lot of bbCode

Personally, my signature is fine this way if Harry decides not to change it.