Quick Reply [Fix]

Report any issues you find with the website here.

Moderator: Moderators

Portfolioso

Re: Quick Reply [Fix]

Post by Portfolioso »

[quote=bigcfk]! now I just need to get used to using firefox again.[/quote]

That's a sin. What were you using?
bigcfk

Post by bigcfk »

…safari…
PhaseDMA

Re: Quick Reply [Fix]

Post by PhaseDMA »

I still find it idiotic (yes idiotic) to say a browser that has been around nearly forever and exponentially longer then any browser, and has a huge segment of the market shouldn't be the one that decides how the internet is coded. That's how life works any where else.

The W3 is snide at the very best, and while there may be something that could convince me otherwise I highly doubt it seeing as I have had this point of view for a long time and consider myself both smart, open minded, and more impotently technologically apt.

There is NO reason that every browser could not support Microsoft's standard. Frankly if the W3 really wanted to do a service for everyone they would recommend every browser support anything IE 6 supported, and fix it from there - Not encourage broken pages for ever onward, which is exactly what their doing right now. Microsoft seems like they would be more then happy to play ball (seeing as they currently are with this twisted "standard").

Was Microsoft egotistical until recently? Sure. But they earned that right - No matter how they achieved it. It's not like Windows became the most used OS randomly. It was because it is and/or was the most user friendly OS on the market.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

FALSE. If people think like that, technology wouldn't advance. IE is holding back the web. W3 and modern browsers are developing technologies that are advancing how people value the internet.

Who the hell is some company to say that just because they were around first and have the highest market share, that everyone else should comply with their broken standards? The reason why IE sucks is because they released IE6 and then stopped releasing browsers, because that was good enough. How is the web supposed to evolve if people think like that? In the meantime, the Gecko and the WebKit people kept updating their stuff so the web can be more useful in the future.

And bigckf, Safari is fine - it's the fastest on a Mac and uses the webkit engine, which supports all of the standards. Apple actually keeps updating Safari, so I don't have a problem with them. Only until now did Microsoft wake up - and they still released IE8 which still doesn't support many standards and has a slow ass JavaScript engine.
PhaseDMA

Re:

Post by PhaseDMA »

[quote=Portfolioso]If people think like that, technology wouldn't advance.[/quote]

Really? Cause we seem to live in two different worlds then. Technology advances because of other companies. Not because some babies get together and cry.
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

thread successfully hijacked
[quote]Plasma: This thread is now about how everyone from England has a melty face
Quirk: I second this motion. All in favor?
cokalsM: Im drunk.
bigcfk: i'm too.
Quirk: The motion has passed. The topic of discussion is now Beanie Babies.[/quote]
^ m_m, summed up.
DoLFaN

Re: Re:

Post by DoLFaN »

[quote=PhaseDMA][quote=Portfolioso]If people think like that, technology wouldn't advance.[/quote]

Really? Cause we seem to live in two different worlds then. Technology advances because of other companies. Not because some babies get together and cry.[/quote]

weakest counter argument of all time.
http://www.torrentscan.com - search multiple torrent sites
http://www.nsanedown.com - be a pirate....yaharrrr
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Is that why it took so long to get a basic video tag?