Not really a bug but...

Report any issues you find with the website here.

Moderator: Moderators

patuxentbball

Not really a bug but...

Post by patuxentbball »

I liked on the old homepage where it showed all the newest forum posts on the left side-bar. It was really easy to stop by, and see if any new topics had been started. Any chance of that being added to the new page?
Matt

Post by Matt »

When I bookmark the forums, I bookmark the new posts since last visit page. That page tells me what new posts there have been since the last visit. Try that out in the interim.
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
patuxentbball

Post by patuxentbball »

Thanks Matt, that'll work.
Portfolioso

Re: Not really a bug but...

Post by Portfolioso »

[quote=patuxentbball]I liked on the old homepage where it showed all the newest forum posts on the left side-bar. It was really easy to stop by, and see if any new topics had been started. Any chance of that being added to the new page?[/quote]

One thing I liked about Invision was the "last topic" and username on the right side of the forum. Maybe there is some kind of phpBB mod that allows this, but I'm not sure.

Unfortunately, the new Invision is not free. I mean you can get a nulled version on a torrent site, but there are built in piracy checks and Invision has a report a pirated board feature on their website. Since Invision 1.3.1 is hard to get and isn't that secure anymore, it's not the best choice anymore for forums - we don't need to get John and Harry into any legal issues.
rawr

Post by rawr »

Personally, I like phpbb better than Invision but that's just me.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

I think most people that know what their talking about like phpBB better then IPB...

Well in the AIM community anyways.

phpBB is just way more poweful. Well it has the potential anyways to be way more powerful.

Plus something about it being free... But it wasn't always the only kid of the block.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Matt

Post by Matt »

It's easy to use and understand, even for semi-new php users...which is definately a plus.
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot